Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our trip to Ohio August 2005

Jeremy would tell you this is where it all began...it was our first trip together. Little did I know, he planned it to see if we really could get along and have as much fun together every day as we did when we would see each other for a few days here and there. I was clueless to this "plan" especially since up unto this point I had no idea he had any feelings for me! We had known each other for more than half our lives, but never really lived in the same state or ever thought about dating ...we just knew we could laugh really hard whenever we got together!
He planned a trip to Ohio...I know....random and not the most "ideal" place for a vacation. However, come to find out, Jeremy knew what he was doing...Ohio is home of 2 theme parks with the biggest roller coasters in the U.S. Cedar Point has been ranked the best theme park in the WORLD. Anyone who knows Jeremy and I, know that we are both kids who like to play.
We spent one day in Kirtland, Ohio and took a tour of the Kirtland Temple and the N.K. Whitney Store. It was pretty interesting stuff to learn about.


Jer won me this teddy bear at Cedar Point playing the game where you have to hit the button with a mallot really hard....I could barely get the thing to budge, but Mr. Muscles got it to the top. Sadly, I only had the bear until we went on the next ride. They wouldn't let me take it on the ride, so I hid it in the bushes and when we got off the ride it was gone!


This picture of the roller coaster behind us explains why I wasn't allowed to take the bear on the ride. Actually, you couldn't have sunglasses, hats, anything in your pockets...etc. Cedar Point has 2 of the top fastest steel roller coasters in the world (this is one of them!) We waited in line for about 2 hours or longer for the ride, but loved every minute of it and decided to wait in line for it again and again. We met some of his family at Cedar Point the day we went. Jeremy's dad and step-mom live in Michigan so they drove over to spend the day with us and his brother Jonathan and wife Amber met us there also.



The first theme park Jeremy and I went to was King's Island, which has the fastest wooden roller coaster in the world called "Son of the Beast". The day Jeremy and I went to King's Island we were pretty much the only people in the entire park! It was so awesome, no lines, and we got to sit in the front row of the roller coasters every time!




After touring the Kirtland temple we met up with some of Jeremy's friends from college and caught a Baltimore Orioles/Cleveland Indians game. After the game we were supposed to follow his friends to The Cheese Cake Factory. We got a little lost and ended up really lost and got a tour of the city at night on the worst pot hole road in the world! We got there 5 minutes before they closed and his friends had finished their dinner, they were all out of bread and said all we could order was cheese cake. I was happy I at least got my cheese cake!




The trip was a success. We still talk about it today and how hard we laughed and how much fun we had. At the end of the trip, we sat at the airport waiting for my plane which was leaving before his (he was flying home to Texas and I was flying home to Utah) and he casually mentioned that he "had a really fun time" and that he "liked me" and wondered what I thought about "us". It was out of the blue and I didn't take him serious because he never was serious...so I laughed it off and then got on my plane. Needless to say we had another talk later on and he expressed himself a little more so I knew he was serious.





1 comment:

  1. Good thing Jer finally let his feelings out!!!!!! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete