Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HO HO HO!!

Christmas 2008 was great! We moved back to Utah and were still living with my parents waiting for our house in NC to sell. It was fun having Christmas with them again. We got lots of good stuff. I love my parents house at Christmas. My mom goes all out decorating. They have the best Christmas tree...it is so big!



Tica didn't like her Santa outfit very much! We only made her leave it on for a few minutes. I just bought it to be funny and surprise everyone, I didn't even tell Jeremy I bought it...I just put it on her and she went running around making my family laugh.

Jer got some new shoes!! And they weren't NIKE!!


It was fun to be back around family for Christmas. I missed the traditional Christmas Eve get together. Except this year Margo & Rick threw it off by having us do it the day before Christmas Eve! Anyway, the whole family including Jeremy's grandparents came and enjoyed a delicious dinner at my parents. Then we each got to open up one gift. Well...the gift Jeremy and I gave Rick was a funny joke...as you can tell by the pictures he was really surprised and not so happy with us :) He hates loud kids toys and was bragging about how he had hid this toy popper thing from Lindsie when she was little and she forgot about it. Apparently Rick forgot about it too and found it several years later on some shelf. So he joked about how he hid it from Mallory and threw it in the garbage. Jeremy and I were babysitting that weekend while they went on a trip and it was garbage day...as Jeremy is taking the garbage out he noticed the handle of the popper thing and took it out of the garbage. We kept it hid for several months until Christmas rolled around and gave it to Rick. He was shocked...the kids were laughing...of course Mallory loved it and wanted to play with it...Rick opened my parent's front door and chucked the toy as far as he could!

Of course Tica was spoiled with Christmas gifts from grammy and grampy. She loves those bones! Grammy and grampy even had a present under the tree for Cameron (I was 4 months pregnant @ Christmas). I'm sure he will love playing with it when he gets here...it was one of those toy play things where the baby lays on the ground and has all this stuff over him he can kick and touch and pull. It looked like fun!





What's Christmas time without seeing the lights at Temple Square!? We went one night with my parents and walked around. It was pretty cold. Since I was 4 months pregnant I was probably in the bathroom more than I was outside enjoying the lights. After we went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...YUMMY...for a carmel apple treat!

2 comments:

  1. Tica made a great Santa and the trick you played on Rick was priceless!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tica looked so cute as santa. I thought she liked wearing it?

    ReplyDelete