Ok I am an idiot...I can admit all my "meg-isms" as Jeremy and my family call them. Anyway, Jeremy and I were trying to decide where we wanted to go on our honeymoon. We threw out several ideas including Costa Rica, Hawaii, St. Thomas and Aruba. I said that I thought we should go somewhere neither of us had been...so that got rid of Costa Rica and Hawaii. I said "I think Aruba would be fun, I've always wanted to go to Jamaica!" I am totally challenged when it comes to the world and where Countries are located, I totally slept through that part of High School. So you wonder where I get my geographical refrences from then?? Well, I guess everything I learned I learned from the Beach Boys...you know, 'Aruba, Jamaica c'mon let me take ya...' I figured they were naming cities inside of countries in that song. Ok you can stop laughing now :) We decided to go to Aruba anyway. I'm sure I will get to Jamaica one day! We flew out for our Honeymoon on 11/24/07 after we got sealed in the temple. However, we didn't have a direct through flight and ended up flying to Newark NJ and staying in a hotel that night. We woke up early the next morning and caught a flight to Aruba.

This is a view from the balcony of our Marriott condo. Jeremy's dad has a time share with Marriott and he traded his week and gave it to us. Thanks Garry!! The grounds were so nice...they had a few big pools and we could walk to the beach.

Jeremy showing off the big bedroom with the bathroom and nice jetted tub.

The whole place was awesome. It was decorated so nice and had a homey feel, it definitely wasn't a hotel feel. We had a kitchen which was so handy. We rode the bus into town a few times and got some groceries to cook a few lunches and dinners.

There were always geckos and lizards just running around by the pool. This isn't even a good picture of what we saw. Most of them were blue and green and really big!


We enjoyed a nice romantic dinner right on the beach! Wow! I can't even explain how awesome that was. The ocean was literally 5 feet from our table. We ate at the perfect time too....the sun was just starting to set and there were sail boats out on the ocean. It seriously doesn't get any more romantic that this! The only thing I would have changed was the menu :) I had no choice but to order fish...there were no other options! Jeremy can tell you I was a good sport and actually ate really expensive fish dinners 2 nights, apparently both restaurants on the beach don't know how to cook anything but fish...or maybe they were just known for their fish? Either way, I survived!! Poor Jeremy was dying, all he wanted to do was eat some shrimp but couldn't because he's alergic to it. He snuck a few here and there and luckily didn't end up in the hospital...that would really have ruined my trip (ha ha)

The beach had these really nice huts all over, just in case you wanted to get out of the sun I guess?? Who would want to do a thing like that??

Jeremy and I had so much fun playing shuffle board. Who said shuffle board was just for old folks living in retirement homes in Florida? It was right outside of the doors you use to get to our room...so we played it every day. It got pretty competitive, but I'm pretty sure I won almost every time :)

We played some checkers one night while we were waiting for a table at a restaurant. I also got eaten alive by mosquitos that night. When I get on the other side I am going to ask God what he was thinking when he created mosquitos!!


We went on a fun snorkeling tour. It was such a beautiful day with the best weather. It rained a day or two we were there so we were lucky to have such nice weather snorkeling. We took a boat out to the middle of the ocean where there is an old sunken ship that we explored. It was actually pretty creepy at times to see the big ship and realize people used to be on it...YIKES! I get motion sickness sometimes just from being on a boat and in the water all day snorkeling...I don't see how these people did it taking advantage of all the free alcohol on board. At least it was entertaining for us :)

You can't tell me we weren't even close to Jamaica...doesn't this bus scream Jamaica mon' ?? This was the "fun bus" that took us to get our ATV's for another fun tour.
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple on a beautiful honeymoon. Looks like so much fun. Glad I finally got to see all of these pictures. Loved the one of Dumb and Dumber!!!!!
ReplyDelete