Saturday, March 28, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!

My mom thought it would be fun to get the whole family together for dinner so we could announce what we were having to everyone at once. It was a great idea...Michele, Spencer, Margo, Rick, Lindsie, Troy, Mallory, My mom & Dad, and Herb & Genive were able to be there. Janessa & Barry couldn't come because she had a basketball practice. We had our ultrasound earlier that afternoon and it was hard to keep it a secret...especially since my mom took me to lunch that afternoon and we went shopping. I'm surprised she didn't sneak it out of me. I know she was trying hard because I think we went to Babies R Us...she probabaly wanted to see if I would look at boy stuff or girl stuff. I didn't crack though. I felt a little bit of pressure to come up with a good idea of how to tell the whole family we were having a boy since a big dinner was planned around it!
I decided to get some fortune cookies and remove the fortune from them and replace it with my own fortune. So in each cookie I put one word...everyone opened up a fortune cookie and then worked together to form a sentence.

It took a little while to figure out where the words went and everyone had fun helping.

Margo freaked out at first because she got the word "and" so she immediately thought we were having twins. Lindsie thought she figured it out because she got the word "girl", but this was all part of the plan. I didn't want anyone to figure it out too easily. The sentence went like this "Meg and Jeremy are having a baby and it is not a girl".

My parents have a family dinner the last Sunday of every month at their house and the kids get to pick something out of the "grammy drawer". We decided this would be a good time to announce to the whole family we were pregnant. One of the grandkids draws a name out of a bowl to see who gets to go pick their prize first, instead of putting names in the bowl on each piece of paper we wrote "I am going to have another cousin." So Lindsie picked out the piece of paper and read that outloud...it took a little while for everyone to get it, but Margo started screaming once she figured it out. My mom had the grandkids bet on what they thought we were going to have. They told them that the winners would get some money. So Spencer & Troy guessed right (of course the boys all said we were having a boy and the girls guessed we would have a girl). My parents ended up giving the girls some second place money so everyone was happy :). Everyone gave us their ideas on names for the baby. Spencer & Troy named all their friend's...Mallory wanted us to name him Lester (total inside joke with her & Jeremy)...and Rick shouldn't be allowed to think of names, his vote was Oscar.

Margo came prepared with a 'boy' gift and a 'girl' gift since she didn't know what it was going to be.

My parents gave us some fun gifts that I'm sure Cameron will get lot's of use out of. It was a fun evening. What more could I ask for...family, cheese fries, and gifts? Jeremy's mom Theresa sent a cute outfit once she heard the news we were having a boy. She had sent us some bibs when she found out we were pregnant, but they were generic for a girl or boy. She couldn't wait to know what we were having so she could send a gender specific outfit!


3 comments:

  1. it's about time you get current on your blog.., well.., almost. Congrats on the little boy! They are so much fun! BUSY.., but fun! Feel free to come baby sit Mason any tiem you want to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun night. We were all so excited and that was such a clever way to tell us. It won't be long now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is cool that u r having a boy but i wanted u to have a girl well at least we will have a new cousion

    ReplyDelete