Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spooky Halloween '08

Jeremy planned a fun date night in October (10/17/08). We went to dinner and then went on a haunted Heber Creeper train ride. The Heber Creeper does a fun haunted ride every year at night so it's dark and they have someone talking over the speakers while you ride and look outside at all the people/actors and scary things coming on and off the train. We sipped hot chocolate and sat under blankets during the ride. It's a fun and festive thing to do and watch all the kids dressed up in their costumes.
How!!

Pregnant Pocahontas (2 months along)!! I was working as a school social worker for Rose Park Elementary and my last day there was on Halloween. I loved working there...Halloween doesn't get much more fun when your dressed up with a bunch of excited kids psyched about going around to strangers to get free candy! The school day is totally chaotic with parades and parties and laughter. What a great last day there!!


Jeremy had a great idea to carve pumpkins one night. We bought some cute small pumpkins and had fun carving them. From left to right it's Jeremy's pumpkin, my mom's, my dad's, and then mine.



Jeremy got the prize for taking the LONGEST time to carve a pumpkin...I think that was a world record. My cute husband! He tried so hard and did such a good job. The best part of it is the pumpkins were tiny, minnie nothings!

Jeremy and I had fun carving pumpkins with my parents to get ready for Halloween. I remember carving pumpkins every year as a kid. Come to find out my dad HATED every minute of that activity!! He finally admitted it to my mom and I that night :) He said he would always end up being the one to carve all of our pumpkins because we couldn't get the knife to work how we wanted and then he had to get the guts out for us. Anyway, thanks dad for sticking with it all those years because I have great memories of those traditions!

Once again Tica had no idea what was going on! She was a little worried about these orange things being on fire. That didn't stop her from trying to eat them though!



No comments:

Post a Comment