Monday, March 16, 2009

Temple Sealing

Yeah!! We waited a whole year for this to happen...well, actually we got permission to do it one day early (because of Thanksgiving & having family in town) so we got sealed on 11/24/07. It was a long & painful process to try and get ahold of my ex-husband to start the process of getting a temple cancelation from him. As I suspected nobody in his family was helpful and nobody in my family wanted to deal with him directly! Because he chose to play hardball, the show went on without him!
We ate at The Roof in the Joseph Smith Building after the ceremony. It's a really good restraunt and the views of the temple are amazing! My mom kept the top of our wedding cake in her freezer and we brought it with us...we cut it after lunch and everyone got a piece to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Thanks for helping make our first year of marriage so great hubbs!

Ok, I can laugh about this now but I was a little ticked at the time it happened...after changing back into our street clothes my mom and I were told to go out the exit where the bride & groom go since we were planning on taking pictures. It takes you right out to the temple where people greet you and cheer for you. We had all planned on meeting "by the temple". My mom & I were the first ones outside those doors...there was nobody to greet us and I couldn't see my handsome groom any where. I felt kind of stupid and un-important! So we sit and wait...and wait...and then I look over and see Michele & her family taking family pictures & Margo & her family taking family pictures. So we figure 'well they are making their way over here let's just wait'. THEN I see Jeremy (THE GROOM) taking some family pictures of people nobody knows!!! After he took several pictures and I watched them keep asking him to follow them & take a picture over here & here I was ticked. I walked over & said someting to the effect of 'oh hi remember ME and OUR day today? Would you like to come play photographer with some people you know? Like I said, looking back on it now I totally laugh because that family had no idea Jeremy was a groom that day, and had more important places to be, when they asked him to take their pictures.

It was nice to have so many family members there for another special day! Good thing for Thanksgiving and time off of work :) Right after we ate lunch with everyone my parents took us to the airport so we could leave on our Honeymoon!!


2 comments:

  1. This was one of the most special days in my live and Dad's also! All three of you married in the Temple. Couldn't ask for better kids on the right path doing the right things! Thanks, we love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was suppost to say life, not live! SORRY :)

    ReplyDelete