Monday, March 23, 2009

Vacation to Myrtle Beach '08

Garry (Jeremy's dad) planned a fun vacation with the whole Cunningham clan June '08. He origionally wanted to go the year before, but the entire family couldn't make it so we all decided on the following summer. Jeremy and I thought Myrtle Beach would be a great place for everyone to meet...it was only about 3 hours from our house (we wouldn't have to buy plane tickets or rent a car)! Yeah, well that plan didn't work out so well for us because we moved back to Utah! So we ended up having to by plane tickets and renting a car, but it was worth it because we had fun. Our house was still for sale in NC and all of our furniture was there...so Herb and Genive stayed with us at our house the night we flew into NC and then we rented a car the next day and drove to Myrtle Beach.
We stayed in a condo across from the beach with Jermy's grandparents and everyone else shared condos closer to the beach. We had a great place with two huge simming pools and a hot tub.

Jer grillin' up some dinner.

It was nice having a kitchen because we were able to make lunches to take to the beach or we came inside from the pool for lunch. We also ate a few dinners there to save money :) We had fun celebrating Father's Day and Genive's b-day while we were there too. We all went to church on Father's Day...Garry doesn't get to be with his kids often especially all at once since everyone lives in seperate staets, so I think it was nice for him.


We went minuture golfing with Junior, Alicia and their kids, and Herb and Genive. It was such a hot day...I'm suprised we didn't all dehydrate! Notice that little orange score card in Jeremy's hand? Well, he STILL has it...he is keeping it as a reminder of the one and only time he beat me in miniture golf! Hey, I don't blame him he needs proof somehow :) One night we all went to a dinner theater show which was awesome! I've never been to one of those and I had so much fun. We ate dinner while watching this show that was almost like a rodeo or something, but they had the audience really involved and cheering because we were on teams. It was a blast! We went on Father's Day so the fathers got a discount. The food was pretty good too. Jeremy couldn't stop laughing because anyone who knows me knows how picky I am with meat...I like it cooked beyond well done, pretty much dry and burned. And I can be pretty picky about meat at a restaurant (you will never see me eating meat at a chinese place!) Well, they bring out our chicken and it's a whole baby chicken with the legs on it and everything (minus the head) kind of like a rotiserie chicken I guess. I thought 'that's pretty gross, but it's ok I can just pick at it and get some good meat' until they turned the lights out for the show!! I had no idea we were going to be eating in the dark! Oh-well the rest of the food was good and the apple turn over for dessert was the best I've ever had! Jeremy and I went to a BBQ place called Little Pigs with his grandparents one night for dinner...it was definitely nothing to write home about!! But the funny thing is Herb always got the name mixed up and every time we drove by it he would say "oh there's 3 little piggies". We left a day earlier than everyone else because we needed to drive to our house and do some cleaning and mow the law etc. before we flew out. So the morning we were leaving we went to say goodbye to everyone in their condo parking lot. We were waiting around for Junior, nobody knew where he was. All of a sudden he called his dad's cell phone and told him that he was chasing a robber that just broke into their condo. So we all ran up to the condo to see it ransacked and stuff everywhere. They thought a lot of their stuff was stolen, but could have been worse if Junior didn't walk in on the guy and scare him forcing him to jump 2 stories off the balcony and run. On our drive home we got the good news that the idiot thief left the duffle bag behind to make his get away. Way to go Junior you saved the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment