My mom had a great idea to get the whole family together for a Disney Cruise, but she knew it would require some planning, saving money, and we would need to book the cruise a year or more in advance. So she planned a fun treasure hunt one day after a family dinner. The kids found the treasure and inside there was an envelope for each family that explained the plan for the fun family vacation and included a rather nice amount of money to help everyone start saving! At the time we were planning this whole trip I was just starting to date again and had no intentions of being married anytime even close to that...so when my mom said "what should we do, should we book a cruise for an extra person just in case you are engaged or married by then?" I laughed pretty hard and said there is no possibility that would happen. Well, along came Jeremy :) and as we all know I WAS engaged when it came time for the cruise and felt horrible he wasn't going.
If you're wondering how he is in the pictures of us in Florida it's because he surprised me and drove there! My whole family flew into Florida a few days before the cruise was set to sail so we could go to Disney World. Jeremy had been transfered from Texas to North Carolina a few months earlier and decided the 8 hour drive to Florida to surprise me was worth it. I remember my whole family was eating dinner (at a place in the Disney World theme park where we stayed) and all of a sudden someone was behind me and leaned around to kiss me. Jeremy's pretty lucky he didn't get my normal, cat-like reflex response to getting shocked, which would be a punch in the face. Instead I think I just yelled "shut up...what are you doing here?" Unfortunately there wasn't any room left on the cruise ship for him so we were only able to hang out a few days before we left, but it was sure a fun surprise!

Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meg I love your blog. I am so glad you started it! Thanks for the fun reminder of the cruise. It was just about as much fun planning it (For me anyway) as the cruise. All these pictures bring back such fun memories. I am so glad we did it. So glad Jeremy drove for 8 hrs. to see us all before we sailed away.
ReplyDeleteWow Sissy, you have done a lot of work on this blog. It is so neat. great job!!!! It's fun to look back at the cruise I can't believe it has already been 2 years. Time flys ;)
ReplyDeleteok bye
I love being spontaneous. I had actually only been in North Carolina for a couple of days when Meg and her family were due to fly into Orlando for 2 days before heading out to sea on their cruise. We had talked about whether we should try to get me a ticket for the cruise but decided against it because we were in the midst of relocating to North Carolina and getting married and didnt want to spend the money on the cruise. I also wasn't able to take an additional week off work since i had already planned 2 weeks off to fly to Utah for the wedding and then pack Meg's stuff up and drive back to NC. It actually wasn't until the day prior that I started thinking about driving to Orlando to go to Disney with Meg and Co. I woke up Friday morning (i was staying in corporate housing at the time because we hadn't closed on our house yet) and packed my stuff in the car, called my boss and told him my plan to ditch work for the day, and frantically tried to reach Barry to make sure that my plan was going to work out. I ended up getting into Orlando Friday evening and Barry & Co. waited for me at their hotel and then I rode with them over to the Wilson's hotel to surprise Meg. I must say that everyone was really surprise and I can't remember a more exciting/anxious time in my life. I was driving so fast and 8 hours seemed like an eternity because I was trying to hurry and see my beautiful fiancee. Disney was awesome and I will never forget that fun/exciting weekend. The only sad part was having to drive back to Charlotte Sunday morning as the rest of the family was headed to get on the ship. GOOD TIMES!!!
ReplyDelete