I guess I should have posted these pics after the post of our "adventure" to get to NC! I'm still trying to figure this blog thing out...that's another reason why my pictures aren't always arranged in the best order. Anyway, here is our first house we bought together. We were glad to have finally decided on a house. Jeremy had gone out several times with our realtor looking at lots of houses and narrowing down areas before I flew out for a weekend. We had a list of about 100 house to look at in 2 days. We hit it hard Friday and Saturday checking out houses North of Charlotte and South of Charlotte...narrowing it to our top 10 and looking at those hosues again on Sunday. I was scheduled to fly home Sunday night, but ended up changing plans and staying until Monday afternoon because we needed another day (or 10). Monday we looked at our top 3 houses and then went to lunch with our realtor to make an offer on one of them. Then Jeremy took me to the airport and I flew back to Utah to wait and see if we got the house. Of course it wasn't that easy...they counter offered, we counter-counter offered, they counter-counter-coutner offered and I said "we quit, you can keep your house!" So we decided to move on to the next house we liked and Jer & the realtor wrote up a new offer and we ended up getting a better/bigger house. The only reason this house was our second choice was because it was bigger than we really needed and more money, but we liked it the mostest.

This is a picture of the guest bedroom. We didn't have many guests, but a few lucky people got to stay in the room. My mom and dad were the very first visitors we had. They came to see us after we had been there about 2 months because my mom was going to have a knee replacement and they wanted to get there before that. We hadn't lived there long enough to know all the "main attractions" and places to go, but we knew where the Cheese Cake Factory was and that's all that mattered! We had fun tending Macey and Emma while Junior and Alicia went on a vacation...they stayed a day before they left their kids with us and stayed a few days when they came home from their trip. Then Anthony and Courtney (Jeremy's half brother and his wife) came to visit us from Alabama. We had fun hanging out with them and enjoyed going mountain biking with them. Jeremy's dad was in SC on business for several weeks and we enjoyed having him drive up to visit us a few times. I would make dinner and we got to spend time with him before he had to drive back to his hotel.
The living room was open to the dining room and was to the left of when you enter in the house. We enjoyed the nice gas fireplace on cold evenings.
Here are the chair cushions I recovered...It was my first attempt at doing this, but I figured "how hard can it be? A little mateiral, a staple gun, and there you go." I was happy with how they turned out. This was a table and chair set Jeremy had before we were married...we compromised and came to the conclusion that we could keep the chairs and table IF I could recover them with material that looked good and matched other things better :)
You sure did a good job of fixing up our 1st house Meg. You made our house feel like home with your decorative skills. I can't wait to see what house #2 is going to look like?
ReplyDeleteThat was so much fun to be your first visitors in your first house. I am so glad we did that. I just can't believe what a worker you are. You made the house perfect! You remind me so much of Grandma Murdoch that way. Seems like there isn't anything you can do.
ReplyDelete