Well, the day finally arrived- Meg & Jeremy got married! We have a unique and long story of how we met and ended up together. We met when I was 14 and Jeremy was 15. My sister married Jeremy's uncle, who was from West Virginia, so our family flew out there for a second reception. Jeremy and I were in the reception line and bored out of our minds....so we "snuck" his dad's van and took it for a spin. Jeremy had his learners permit so he wanted to show off for me. We hit it off that week we were there and basically laughed the entire time. I remember helping Jeremy "pass papers" for his paper route and all kinds of other fun memories. It was sad when my family flew back to Utah. Over the years our families kept in touch and they would come stay with us for most every Thanksgiving. Jeremy's dad loves to ski so it was the perfect time to come to UTah. For some reason Thanksgiving ended up seeming like "our" holiday and that's why we picked that time of the year to get married. Both he and his brothers came to Utah for college (at different times) and we always had them to Sunday dinner. I went to the MTC 3 different times to see Jeremy and both his brothers off on their missions. Jeremy and I wrote letters throughout his mission (we still have some of the letters). The funny thing is Jeremy had a crush on me the whole time but never told me and I didn't take "hints" too well. For example in one of the letters he wrote talked about us getting married in 1998. Obviously it took longer than that for him to get the courage to tell me his true feelings for me. I can honestly say I married my friend...we had an awesome friendship before we were anything else and I am so thankful for that!
Our Stake President, Donald Mantyla, married us. He did such a great job, I only wish I was able to record what he said...there was so much information I would love to be able to hear again!
Oh how cute...husband and wife taking their first dance together. We danced to a song by Daniel Beddingfield called "If Your Not The One".
Wow, you sure make a beautiful bride. That was such an awesome day. I couldn't ask for a better wife!
ReplyDeleteI think the following comment came from Jeremy, not Meg! Cute comment Jer... You both make a wonderful, fun couple. That was a very special day. Allan and I love you both so very much. We feel like we raised you both! A lot of years passed before this wonderful day. Who would have ever have thought???????
ReplyDeleteThat was a great day!!! I loved how your holdy thingy turned out. such pretty flowers!!
ReplyDeleteI was dating Ben at this time and I remember he was psyched cuz Dan gave Ben his tickets to UvsBYU football game because Dan was going to your wedding. This sure was a happy day for ben :)
ReplyDelete