We had only been our house for a few days and I wanted to get the Christmas tree up. It's hard enough to feel in the Christmas mood without snow!! So I managed to find my Christmas boxes and decorate the house around all the other mess. Once the house was decorated for Christmas I started putting all the other stuff away.

We made breakfast (Lehi Roller Mill scones and eggs) and then opened our gifts to eachother. It was a fun, relaxing morning and we enjoyed spending our first Christmas together.
I got myself, I mean, Jer a nice saw for Christmas...it really was one of those gifts you give to your husband that you know you really want for yourself :) I do have to say I've used it way more than he has.
So we decided to be all traditional and make a turkey, mashed pots & gravy, stuffing, rolls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and dessert...you know the Christmas dinner feast! Well, we knew we were cooking a lot of food for just two of us, but what we didn't know is how long it would take!! We started making dinner early in the afternoon, around 1:00 pm and ended up eating it at 10:00 pm! We went to a lot of trouble cooking for just us...I felt like calling all the neighbors over to enjoy the meal, but then I remembered it was so late they were probabaly asleep.
Apparently our sink didn't like all the cooking we were doing because it decided to back up and over-flow all the potato peelings and junk. Good thing there was a plumber in the house! Even with all the stress of the sink clogging, not being quite sure how the stuffing receipe really went, realizing we will be eating turkey for the next two months, and our blood sugar being low from eating dinner so late we loved being together and had a fun 1st Christmas in our own house!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What darling pictures of both of you...even the Turkey. Such a funny story. One for the books and of course, your children! Nothing like the first Christmas together!
ReplyDeleteI think that making a Christmas feast was so fun. It was good practice for the many feasts of the future. I can't say that I married Meg for her cooking, but I can say that it is a huge bonus because she is awesome in the kitchen. Grammy taught her well.
ReplyDeleteHey Mr. Plumber glad you were sitting down for that shot.
ReplyDeleteMeg and the turkey look delicious.
Allan/Grampy